I don't know about you, but I could use some comic relief today (& every day for that matter!)... so thought I would share the goose's quote of the week... Hope you enjoy!
Amongst the Goose's favorite toys at Granny's house are some little plastic animals and people, most of which were my Daddy's when he was little. Miraculously, the farm animals, cowboys, indians, etc. have survived three generations of play. Anywho... the Goose likes to think that all of the cowboys and indians are "farmers" (which makes sense considering she has no idea what cowboys and indians are and they are in a box full of farm animals), and upon discovering the old-timey fireman, who is wearing a long coat she announced very matter-of-factly, "This must be the preacher."
"Oh really?" I replied.
"Yep. See he's got his preacher cape on."
So to all you clergy out there who thought you were merely wearing a robe... to this four-year-old, you are in a class with the super heroes because you are actually wearing a cape!
I love this! Being a super hero is much cooler than being a minister. I also like when kids refer to them as dresses (even when the male pastors wear them)
ReplyDelete