Friday, July 8, 2011

Door Locker...

I’ve become a door locker… that’s right… I am now officially one of those people who locks the bathroom door in my own home just to ensure more than 30 seconds of time to myself. Does that make me bad person? Perhaps just a sad commentary on my life… either way, I am ok with it.


I’m reading a book on mothering that promises to be a good, encouraging, and short read… I will let you know how it turns out when I am more than 5 pages in, but for right now, 5 pages was all I got before the weeping and gnashing of teeth began again... So after said crisis was handled (not so much averted, just momentarily dealt with), I headed to my favorite room and locked the door. As I turned the knob, several things occurred to me… I wonder if there is a chapter in this book about locking the bathroom door for a few precious moments of privacy? I wonder if there is a chapter in this book on 4-year-olds who politely refuse to eat their dinner and comment on how bad your cooking is multiple nights in a row though you think it was actually a good meal? I wonder if there is a chapter in this book on pediatric GI issues? I wonder how long I can stay in the bathroom with the door locked without anyone thinking I have the gotta-gos?

Well, needless to say, I unlocked the door (no, I am not quite bad enough, yet, to resort to taking the laptop in the bathroom with me, but stay tuned… it could happen). And now, I sit here wondering how many times a very politely mad four-year old can get out of bed under the premise of having to go potty before I return to my lair and lock the door again... I love motherhood, really, I do, I’m just wondering… am I the only door-locker out there? Or can I get an Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment