So after the jam saga, The Goose & I attempted to make a thumbs-up out of a bit of a thumbs-down. One suggestion, for “taffy jelly” was to use it in Thumbprint Cookies. Having never heard of such, I googled my way to a delicious & simple recipe & off we went on our Thumbprint adventure.
The Goose was so excited to make cookies and “put my thumb in it like this” that it was hard to explain letting butter & eggs reach room temperature (luckily an oh-so-rare-nap helped with the waiting). I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story…
So proud...
carefully patting each one...
this takes lots of concentration...
put your thumb into it...
"wait! I have to smell it first!"...
see... i TOLD you it was taffy!
(& note... if you want to make these... this is NOT how they are supposed to look, but this "jam" is a bit hard to control! We had "extra-jammy thumbprint cookies")
"Look at my hands!"... followed quickly by...
"uhhh... I need to wash them!"
"uhhh... I need to wash them!"
Messy Bessy? Yes! But… it turned my frown upside down… & my thumb too :) The jam actually tastes GREAT in cookie form & the goose had fun too…. Making AND eating. Guess that’s two thumbs-up out of a few thumbs-down.






LOVE IT! :)
ReplyDelete