Not so long ago, a group of friends and I were looking at what it really means to be a “Proverbs 31 Woman.” What does she look like and do? Is this even attainable? Does such a fine female exist? (I think not, but I digress.)
Perhaps you too have wondered or at least heard of this illusive “Proverbs 31” lady. While I am not judging nor discouraging those who wish to model themselves after her or seek this measure of proverbial perfection, I have decided that I would rather be known as a Proverbs THREE woman.
Now you go read it and decide whom you would rather be... It’s only one chapter, but in thirty-five verses there is endless wisdom… Instruction for everyday, covering discipline, good-behavior, being fair, true wisdom, fear, unexpected tragedy, money/financial matters, and even sleep (my personal favorite!).
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.” (Prov. 3: 5-6) … and sweet your sleep! (v.24)
I love this! Keep them coming, thank you! I believe I'm with you on Proverbs 3. I plan to read a Proverbs each night starting Labor Day, this was a good jump start for me.
ReplyDelete