Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mustache

The goose has her first cold of the season. No big deal… just the usual. Her very runny nose & breathing out of her mouth has made her lips & nose very sore. Again… nothing unusual there. But Sunday, as we sat at the breakfast table, she looked up from her muffin with such a sad, serious face & pitifully sighed, “mommy, my mustache hurts.”

Her daddy replied (after he practically shot juice out of his nose), “your what?!?”

But I, kind soul that I am, understood exactly what she meant… you see, on Sesame Street, Elmo learned what a mustache was… and poor goose just thought it was the part of your body between your nose & lip…. And THAT is what hurt… her mustache.

Admit it. THAT’s funny. Even if it is a little bit sad too. (and yes, we did explain that a mustache is not a body part… I am not that terrible)

No comments:

Post a Comment