I received two notes recently… not just cards with a picture and generic holiday greeting… real, handwritten notes… and they meant so much to me, provided me with such encouragement… not just because they were handwritten, though what a lost and unappreciated art! Taking the time to actually write someone… it’s something I so rarely do. But in these cards were heartfelt words from two women I truly admire, respect, and love. They didn’t have to write me… goodness knows I haven’t written them, or anyone for that matter, in ages. They aren’t people I see very often, though I would love to. They aren’t famous… they are just normal people with busy lives, but they are special… to me and many others I’m sure. They remind me that you don’t have to do an extraordinary thing to be extraordinary in God’s eyes. They encourage me in the way they live their ordinary lives, loving their families, friends, and neighbors. They lift me up through their simple, kind words, and through the time they took to think of me for more than ten seconds, pick up a pen, a card, address and envelope, and buy a stamp. They may not consider themselves very special, but they are… in my eyes and in God’s… just for being who they are. I hope to find the time to pick up a card, address and envelope and buy a stamp for them, and others, very soon. Perhaps you will too… go find a pen and encourage a soul. Be God’s words of love to someone today… let someone hold those words in their hands and treasure them in their hearts, not just their inbox.
i love you carrie! happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI decided that I am going to write one handwritten note or letter each month this year, mostly to help out our postal system, but also to have that personal touch with someone. Great post!
ReplyDelete