This is not a flashback (more of those to come later)... I just couldn't resist sharing today's hilarity/mayhem.
Circa 1am our power went out due to the rediculous wind accompanying the equally rediculously strong thunder/lightening storm. Circa 6am the goose wakes up and heads straight for the potty... two seconds later the tears start when the light won't come on... and because she has to let daddy help her... and because we won't let her flush. You see, we have well, and no power equals no pump, hence no water to flow in to flush said potty. This, to an almost-four-year-old is VERY troubling... AND prompts EVEN MORE questions than the standard 100/hour. We did our best to explain why the lights won't work and why we can't flush the potty, then proceeded to bribe her into ceasing with the 50 questions game by letting her carry around the battery-operated Snow White night light, which is clearly better than a flashlight any day. Well, Wes had to take the dog out, and I couldn't take the questions on the very few hours of poor sleep I had, so, being the stellar mother that I am, I sent her out with him, the dog, and, of course, the Snow White light... (Enter 4 minutes of peace... ahh!) Upon her arrival back in the house, the goose, who is now no longer scared of our lack of power, proudly informs me...
"Mommy, there are a lots of leaves and sticks in the yard... I think that's why we don't have any potty power."
Yes, Goose, I think that's it. And the moral of this story... never underestimate the importance of potty power!
No comments:
Post a Comment