Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thank you Full House!

There aren't many moments in life that you are truly thankful for 80s sitcoms, but today I found myself being very thankful for Full House.  (You can thank me later for the theme song now running through your head.)

The Goose was playing so well by herself tonight & being oh-so-sweet (a rarity these days in the land of three-year-old-attitudeville) so... we decided to let her stay up late.  She likes to play with her babies on the steps... sometimes they are beds, sometimes they are trampolines... but as you will recall, her imagination has exploded, so who knows what the steps were tonight.

Then... suddenly, from the peaceful playing Goose not eight feet away I hear...
 "MOMMY MOMMY AAHHHH!!!!"  With a desperation of voice no italics can relay.  I leap from my chair, run (the whole 8 feet) to the steps wondering what on earth could have happened to her from the third step... with no sharp objects... no noise... & no warning...  Then I see it... her head... stuck between the railing. 

Now I know... a good mother should NOT burst into laughter at her child's trauma, but... I couldn't help it!   (And even as I type, I still cannot stop laughing).  Nor could I help the words that just poured from my mouth, without heistation & with not a bit of worry in my mind, I knew just what to do...
"It's ok.  Just calm down.  Thanks to Full House I know just what to do.  Daddy will get the saw, take that railing off & you're head will be free in no time!"

That's right... thanks to those silly sisters, I had no fear... no need to panic... no need to try butter or ice... no pushing, no pulling... I knew what to do.

As luck would have it, Daddy didn't need that saw afterall.  Just the thought of it made the Goose's head pop right back out.  And if you are wondering what prompted this little incident... Evidentally, Pretty Baby had taken a tumble & instead of climbing down the three steps to check on said baby, The Goose decided she would take a short-cut.  (Is it bad that I wish I had my camera sitting right there?)  Oh well!  All's well that ends well.  BUT... "Whatever happened to predictabilty..."

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's HILARIOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! My sister got her head stuck in our metal staircase railing once - no saw we had would help that, plus my dad wasn't home. And just in case it happens again, my mom learned an important lesson: for most kids (especially skinny ones like Goose) their head is still the biggest part, so you can turn her sideways and she will come all the way through. That rescue technique worked for my sister and several kids that mom had in home daycare later on. But hopefully it won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know!!! I was too busy laughing to think of anything but the saw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUNNY!!! I cannot stop laughing!!! Thank God for TGIF (whatever happened to a good family friendly Friday night line up anyway?)!

    ReplyDelete