Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spring Flashback... EASTER

Since it has now been over 90 degrees pretty much every day (and even over 100 some days), I think summer is officially here... guess I should hurry up and share our spring memories! Here's a flashback to the cooler days of Easter...


The goose and I made a valient attempt at egg dying... somehow activities such as these always turn out better at Gamma's house... I cracked at least four eggs in the process, but in the end, the goose had 10 mostly brightly-colored eggs to enjoy hiding and rehiding for days. She's quite the hider too... there's still one blue egg out there somewhere (unless the wildlife/local dogs have found it)!






We also attended our friends' annual Easter egg hunt, where the goose (after a mild melt-down of course) had much fun... she found so many eggs that Wes says she's going to need a bigger basket next year! These eggs even had fun prizes and candy inside... double-fun!  Then she topped all that fun off with a delicious cupcake...


Then came Easter Sunday... I made the mistake of thinking that we could get ready for church in time for a quick family photo with the aid of the tripod and self-timer... WRONG!  Well... we did it... but it was a stretch... the goose fell twice in the process... my camera base doesn't work with my old tripod... and so we only got two pictures, neither of which the goose looks very excited about, but... oh well! 





And one last picture to top off our day... this one was none-too-easy to get either... trying getting a three-year-old to be still and and 96 year-old to look up at the same time is a bit more challenging than I expected, but in the end, there was at least one decent great-granny/goose shot....


All-in-all, a fantastic weekend of celebrating our Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment